What is it?
LEED® is a green rating for buildings. It means Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), and was developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) and founded in 1993.
What is it for?
LEED is used to evaluate the environmental performance of a building and encourage market transformation towards sustainable developments.
The US Green Building Council develops the program and its aim is to verify that a building can be designed and built using green strategies such as:
- CO2 emissions reduction
- Water efficiency
- Energy savings
- Stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts
- Improved indoor environmental quality
LEED® certification addresses the entire lifecycle of a building, from individual buildings and homes, to entire neighborhoods and communities.
The LEED® Rating System is designed to evaluate buildings, spaces and neighbourhoods in the context of their surroundings. In order to be able to certify a building it should comply with the following:
- Must be in a permanent location on existing land.
- Must use reasonable LEED boundaries.
- Must comply with project size requirements.
Building projects should satisfy prerequisites and earn points to achieve different levels of certification. Prerequisites and credits differ for each rating system, and teams choose the best fit for the project.
LEED Core and Shell, NC (BD+C) and EB:O&M Rating Systems
- The LEED project must include a minimum of 1,000 square feet (93 square meters) of gross floor area.
LEED ID+C Rating Systems
- The LEED project must include a minimum of 250 square feet (22 square meters) of gross floor area.
LEED Neighborhood Development Rating Systems
- The LEED project should contain at least two habitable buildings and be no larger than 1500 acres.
ECOstudio XV® LTD team has more than 15 of years of experience in the LEED® certification. Our approach enables the highest possible score, at the lowest investment cost. During the process we would provide cost analysis for the different strategies to enable informed decisions. Our team is the only one with two LEED® Fellows, as well as LEED® Green Associates (GAs) and LEED® Approved Professionals (APs).
- Integrated Process- Simple Box Energy Modelling
- Ea Energy Modelling / Energy Model
- Minimum Energy Performance And
- Optimize Energy Performance
- Ea Fundamental Commissioning And Verification
- Ea Enhanced Commissioning
- Iaq Minimum Indoor Air Quality Performance- Natural Ventilation
- Iaq Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies
- Iaq Thermal Comfort
- Iaq Daylight And Views- Daylight